This blog has moved! Click here for the new blog.

Sunday, October 9, 2011

What I'm working on

It's been a while since I've posted anything, so I thought I'd let you in on what I'm working on. There's been a tug-o-war going on in my head. On one side, there is the miniskirt tutorial I promised you. I brought the fabric with me, and I'd really like to make another skirt. On the other side is a sweater which I really need because temperatures will drop below zero the coming week. So, I don't know who will win, but you'll find out next week! The good thing is that I finally have some time to actually make something because I gave myself the day off on monday.

Then, I made some sketches for another project I brought fabric for: a jersey dress. 3/4 bat sleeves, balloon skirt, matching stripes. A skill-improving project! Really excited about starting that one as well, but it's third on the priority list.


I am so happy I brought my own fabrics, since the fabric store only has quilting cotton, and everything is way overprized anyway. I need something to underline the jersey dress with though, preferebly another stretch fabric. Today I found a Norwegian online fabric store Stof og Stil. I'm really excited about their printed jerseys.


How cute are these dachshunds? I'd love to wear something with snails, but this color is really hard to match (check this, I'm actually thinking about matching before I buy the fabric! Improvements, people). The pink owls would fit in my fall palette and I've been looking for an owl print for a long time. But, maybe the fact that these designs are shown on children is saying something... Am I too old for a Dachshund shirt?

The most exciting thing is their rainclothing fabric.  They have it in six colors and one with a circle print. They even have iron-on strips to make the seams waterproof. How awesome would it be to make my own rainjacket? I wish I didn't have to choose between all these projects...

5 comments:

  1. You don't have to choose, you can make a list and make one at a time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, but usually things at the bottom do not get made at all, because over time new projects come in at the top...

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh, that raincoat fabric...it even has an interlock backing! if you decide not to make a raincoat now, you should definitely take some home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa,

    Dashondjes,uiltjes en slakjes: dat past helemaal bij jou!!Lekker gebruiken. En oohh wat zijn ze lollig!

    liefs van Marjet

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm pretty sure, that Stof og Stil is danish! Being a dane and remembering in the 80'es when it was called Peters Resthal. :-)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts, whether it's positive or constructive critisicm! If you're commenting on an old post I'll have to moderate it, so don't worry if it doesn't immediately show. Thanks!